Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Most Sought-After Cabin In The Woods

The Cabin In The Woods
Horror • Thriller
95 mins.

"Five friends go for a break at a remote cabin in the woods, where they get more than they bargained for. Together, they must discover the truth behind the cabin in the woods."

Ohhhhhhh, boy...

SOUNDS like THE most hackneyed over-kicked dead horse of a plot in the history of the genre, yet research would indicate it could tear the roof off the suckah.

I think I want to see it.  But I've yet to make a final decision.

At the moment, I am doing my best to remind myself that MARKETING puts together things like "official movie websites."

Why would this be so important to bear in mind?

Take a look and tell me what you think...





Something is fishy in this state of Denmark, and it's NOT the danishes.

Is someone trying to justify a large budget for actors' fees?

Are we to be convinced that mountains were moved to assemble a cast that would ordinarily garner a lukewarm and polite round of applause?

I don't know.

What I do know is that I find it more than a bit disquieting when a movie's official website cribs from itself for actors' references.

I will keep an eye out for this movie, and am hoping that my expectations will be met, if not exceeded.

But so help me, if it turns out to be the type of film that MUST CONSTANTLY REMIND ME HOW TALENTED ITS ACTORS ARE on its website in order to show me a taste of its quality, I'm gonna be one seriously ticked-off media critic.

[ROLL CREDITS]

(By the way, if you picked up on references to The Bard here, it is because virtually every cast member's bio is padded liberally with any appearances they made in Shakespeare's plays.  But, these are, after all, highly sought-after roles.  A-hem.)

No comments:

Post a Comment